- ALEXA | Luminous Spring Skin

Fresh luminous skin is a beautiful and easy to achieve trend for this spring and upcoming summer season. If you aren't a fan of dewy foundations or simply want an added radiance to your skin, highlighters are the way to go. Here are a few of my favorite products to give my skin that "lit from within" glow.

This is my all timer favorite highlighter. It is so pigmented that all you need is to lightly tap your brush into it to get a beautiful glow. This powder is so finely milled that it doesn't appear glittery at all, it is more of an intense satin finish. And regardless of the eye makeup look I am wearing, I use this everyday to highlight the inner corner of my eye and under my brow bone. The only downside to this product is that the powder can crack or break easily since it is so fine. Mine has already shattered twice, but luckily I've been able to repair it with alcohol each time and its like new- I just would not recommend this particular highlighter to pack if you are traveling.

Like The Balm highlighter, this is a very intense highlight and is not for someone who wants a subtle look. I like to run my brush through all the colors, but I do like using each individual color as eye shadow too. This product is definitely a little pricey, but barely any product is needed per use and it is also multifunctional. The packaging is also really sturdy and includes a large mirror, which I really like when I'm traveling. I don't think this color is still available, but there are so many different shimmer bricks to choose from.

 This is the newest highlighter added to my collection, and I definitely went out of my comfort zone to purchase it. I don't typically gravitate towards liquid or cream highlighters, blushes or bronzers. But when I stumbled upon this in Sephora I fell in love. Even after whipping the swatch off my hand I still had a beautiful bronze-golden sheen on my skin. This will be a nice product to use in the summer to either mix into foundation or moisturizer for an all over glow, or to put on top of cheekbones. I don't even use a whole pump each time I use it, so this product will definitely last a long time. I've been putting a few dots along my cheekbones and blending with my fingers or my Real Techniques stippling brush. 

What are some of your favorite highlighting products?


love,
  -  a l e x a 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

»

-THE 3 OF US All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger